The home is one of the most important places in the lives of people from all around the world. It should be a place of retreat and comfort, a place of hope and rejuvenation, and a place where we rest our head at night and restore our spirit. Yet, how often do we take our home for granted? How often do we fail to appreciate what we have? How often do we look at our neighbors and wish we had their homes?
My seven year old daughter reminds me again and again about how important the home is. Whenever we talk about moving, she wants to bring our house with us. For her, the home is a safe and loving place.
Here are some quotes that talk about the importance of home.
- "Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do . . . but how much love we put into that action." Mother Teresa
- "The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home." Confucius
- "I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself." Maya Angelou
- "He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "The light is what guides you home, the warmth is what keeps you there." Ellie Rodriguez
Changing the world begins at home. I believe we first need to change ourselves before we can change others. Second, we need to change our home before we can change our village. What are you doing to make your home a place of peace and love, a place of warmth and conversation, and a place of hope and respect?