Welcome!

Welcome! There are more than 900 Inspirational Quotes For Writers, Artists and Other Creative Leaders on this site.
Spend a few minutes exploring. And come back again and again for other inspirational quotes.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Music is the universal language of mankind."



American Poet
1807 - 1882



Music is a special art form in that it touches the soul at a deeper level than most of the other arts.  Music can cross language barriers often without translation.  Music connects people in ways that the other arts don't.  When we are happy, we all have a desire to sing with a joyful voice.  When we are sad, our singing gives voice to our melancholy.

In college when I was blue, I would walk along the railroad tracks and sing to myself.  I cannot carry a tune, but when alone I will sing to myself.  Music moves me at a deep level.  

During the last 24 years, I have seen the impact of music on my training classes.  I have the participants of my classes sing and dance as part of the class.  I am amazed at the power of music to break down barriers and cause people to open up and share their thoughts and feelings.

Many writers and artists listen to music when they are creating.  What kind of music do you listen to when you are creating?  What music gets your creative juices flowing?

Here is a video of Carrie Underwood inspiring an audience of country and western singers with her rendition of How Great Thou Art.