Welcome!

Welcome! There are more than 900 Inspirational Quotes For Writers, Artists and Other Creative Leaders on this site.
Spend a few minutes exploring. And come back again and again for other inspirational quotes.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Peter Drucker

"Here I am, fifty-eight, and I still don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up."



Austrian Writer/Management Consultant
1909 - 2005



We have all been asked the question:  "What do you want to be when you grow up?"  And we usually give the simple answers like teacher, nurse or fireman.  The first response that I remember making was architect.  My father was a general contractor and I was in the seventh grade.  

When I was a sophomore in high school I dedicated my life to the ministry.  By the time I was senior I had lost my faith.  While in college I decided I wanted to be a writer and I have spent more than thirty-five years writing.  And since life has a way of coming full circle, I also became a speaker.  Sometimes an audience member will tell me that I missed my calling — that I should have been a preacher.  I smile and in my heart I know that I have been a preacher, although I have no church and no gospel.

When I turned fifty, I wrote an article for my college alumni magazine entitled: What Do I Want To Be When I Grow Up? Or How I Found Myself!  I realized that I had grown up to be what I had wanted to be.  I had lived the life that I desired.  I had done what I wanted to do.  Here is a link to the article.


Have you become the person you wanted to be?  Or are you still wandering through the forest of uncertainty, not knowing what you want to do with your life?