Welcome!

Welcome! There are more than 900 Inspirational Quotes For Writers, Artists and Other Creative Leaders on this site.
Spend a few minutes exploring. And come back again and again for other inspirational quotes.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Theodore Isaac Rubin

"Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."





American Author
1923 -






For me, this quote challenges much of what I believe.  While knowledge is something I am constantly seeking, wisdom is something I hope to find one day.  Wisdom has always been more important than knowledge and more difficult to reach.  Then Rubin comes along and says that kindness is even more important than wisdom.  When we look back on our lives, most of what we remember are the relationships we developed.  Have you been kind to the people in your life?  Or have you been so absorbed in your art that you have ignored the people in your life?  When I have read the life stories of some artists and writers, I have found some to be mean and cruel to those they love.  But my question is does it have to be this way.  Can an artist or writer be kind and caring to the people in his life?  What do you think?