Welcome!

Welcome! There are more than 900 Inspirational Quotes For Writers, Artists and Other Creative Leaders on this site.
Spend a few minutes exploring. And come back again and again for other inspirational quotes.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ann Patchett


"In my 20s I worked as a waitress and wrote on my off-hours.  I remember asking myself, 'If you never get published or have any success, if you have to spend the rest of your life being a waitress, is this still what you want to do?'  And I thought, 'Absolutely.'  Making art is my happiness." 



American Novelist
1963 -






If you knew that you would never be famous or rich, would you still write?  Would you still paint?  Or would you quit and go into some other line of work?  And if you honestly can answer that you would keep on writing or painting, then you are on the right path.  Keep doing what you are doing?

Does your creative work make you happy?  Do you enjoy the time you spend writing or painting?  Would you do it whether you were paid or not?  And if you can honestly answer yes to these questions, then keep doing it.