Welcome!

Welcome! There are more than 900 Inspirational Quotes For Writers, Artists and Other Creative Leaders on this site.
Spend a few minutes exploring. And come back again and again for other inspirational quotes.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Franklin D. Roosevelt — Doubt






Throughout my career I have faced doubts about decisions that I have made.  When I accepted my first writing job in health care, I experienced doubt.  I knew nothing about long-term care.  Fortunately, I had a good boss and his encouragement allowed me to work through my doubt.  


Five years later I was offered a position in marketing, and again I experienced doubt despite having built a reputation for hard work and creative thinking within the company.  I knew nothing about marketing and had no desire to be a sales person.  Again, having the encouragement of my new boss as well as a willingness to learn from others, I was able to move beyond the doubt to success.

We all have doubts and those doubts sometimes hinder our success. Have your doubts ever stopped you from doing what you wanted to do?  I have dreamed over the years from starting my own business.  Yet, my fears and doubts have sometimes prevented me from moving ahead.  


 I have often second guessed myself. When I buy something, I always question why I did what I did. When I trade in a car for a new one, I begin to doubt the decision I made. What doubts are preventing you from becoming the person you want to be?

New managers often have doubts about their talents and abilities.  They are uncomfortable with the decisions they are called upon to make.  They are uncertain about whether the employees like them or not.

Beginning writers and artists often have doubts about their talents and abilities. Even seasoned writers who have published multiple books may still have doubts when they begin a new book. "Do I still have what it takes? Can I pull it off again?" 

Fear and doubt are normal responses to a new activity or situation. If we allow ourselves to wallow in self-doubt, we will never move beyond it. We must find a way to believe in ourselves and our abilities.  What are you doing to push through the doubt to success?

Confidence is one of the keys to success. Even when you don't feel confident, you need to act confident. You need to walk tall and proud. Don't let your doubts hold you back. Act confident today.


"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today."
— Franklin D. Roosevelt